Steal this Serj!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steal this Serj!

Sometimes your silence can be more deadly than your words.

-Serj Tankian, 1999

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview with 3 News about the show in march

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Interview with 3 News about the show in march Empty
PostSubject: Interview with 3 News about the show in march   Interview with 3 News about the show in march Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:35 am

Serj talked with 3 News about the planned show in march in Auckland and also a little bit about his future plans. You can watch a video about it on 3 News' website:
Video

On 3 News' website you can also read a few article:
"Serj Tankian, the frontman for alt-metal band System Of A Down, is playing this Friday’s Big Day Out as a solo artist.

But Tankian also has other plans to stretch his versatility – performing with members of the Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra.

“I really wanted to do something with an orchestra because my music is getting more and more intense and I’d been wanting the next record to be orchestral, so wow that fits perfectly,” he says.

So, come March 16th, Tankian will combine forces with the APO to take on songs from his debut solo album, Elect The Dead.

But this isn’t the only trick up his sleeve.

“I’m composing for a musical based on Promeseus Bound, the first play ever performed in Greece.”

That will probably launch in Boston or New York next year, but don’t worry, he hasn’t removed his heavy metal chain mail just yet – he’s got the Big Day Out this Friday.

“it’s my favourite festival to play,” he says.

“It is gonna be the last tour with my back-up band so I want them to experience summer so this is like a vacation tour for us.”

So while you are waiting for the full orchestral treatment, head down to the BDO on Friday – Tankian is playing at 6pm on the Orange stage."
Back to top Go down
http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de

Interview with 3 News about the show in march
Page 1 of 1