Steal this Serj!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steal this Serj!

Sometimes your silence can be more deadly than your words.

-Serj Tankian, 1999

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hamburg, 25th august 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Hamburg, 25th august 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Hamburg, 25th august 2008   Hamburg, 25th august 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 3:09 am

Okay, I write this now on my own. I wanted to do it together with others, but well.

Silke, Arva and I took the train to Hamburg packed with our presents for Serj and with a pretty good feeling. A friend of Silke wanted to tell Erwin we would show up before the show to give Serj the stuff. Unfortunatly she hadn't answered until we had to leave and none of us was sure to be able to recognize Erwin at all. Silke and I studied pics of Erwin before the concert to make sure we'd find him xD.
This made at least Silke and me totally nervous, I would've felt better to see everything settled before.

In Hamburg we went to the venue first looking for the stage entrance. It was soon and easy found and there we found a few people standing outside in the sun chatting. A group of three was my first target, because I was to 100% sure to saw Erwin in front of me. So I asked him "Erwin?" and he answered "Yes?". Well done, first task was finished. We had found Erwin. "Did you get the mail of Linda?" I asked and after Silke added her lastname (I have forgotton it, my bad...) Erwin recognized us as the people who should come. Because he was like our ticket to Serj we had brought him some chocolate as well what he took more than glad. He reminded me on a small child. (Makes me wonder if it's really that hard to get decent candy in America...) Silke also gave him the bracelets for the FCC guys Brigi sent her. After the introduction he told us that Serj was out for a walk and we had to wait, so we talked a bit with him and his two friends(I think it was saudi arabia, but I always forget). Hehe, after this dude told us he's member of soadfans.com as well (be cursed Zak) I remembered something. Back in November last year I had two tickets but no-one who went with me and tried to sell it. He wanted to buy it from me. It was pretty funny to see each other now. The world is a village...

Well, after we waited ages in our eyes we saw Serj coming down the streets towards the venue. Serj was wearing THE T-Shirt. I never, never, cared much about when Serj wore what shirts or shoes or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised to see him naked. But there is one shirt of him I know. And he wore it. (you see a pic of it later)
However, Iwaved to him "Hi Serj" and he stopped and we introduced each other. We -well, mainly I- talked a bit with Serj about this and that and gave him his presents and he just said "oh, you didn't have to" and Silke answered "but we wanted to". And then Serj said something we wouldn't have thought about "Let's take a picture together. Do you have a camera?" And Silke gave him her camera with shaking hands. If I remember right he asked if she was bervous and she answered she was damned nervous. However, he passed the camera to Jeff and grabbed us three to take the picture. Here it is:
Hamburg, 25th august 2008 Serj_c10
See, this shirt I meant xD.
oh, from the left to the right it's: Arva, Mr.Killerguitar, Serj, Silke.
Soon after that Serj left for the soundcheck and dressing, etc. We promised to be back after the show so he could tell us if he liked his presents. This is what we gave him:
-Two african candles
-Three Joss sticks
-A bottle of Herrenhäuser beer (it's from Hannover^^)
-The dreamcatcher Brigi sent Silke
-Chocolate
-A birthday card with signatures of some members of STSite and STSerj
-A flyer of STSite and STSerj^^
-A T-Shirt; The shirt says "the wearer of this shirt is over 40" then it counts a few things you shouldn't say to someone in that age like "2nd half od life" and no comments about haircolor and so on. At the bottom it says "And please: Speak Slow and clear!"

So we went to the normaly entrance to get in and see the concert finally. We all felt like "Okay, our job is done, now we can leave" but of course we stayed.
The opening act InMe was pretty cool, unfortunatly not many people thought like me. I can only recommend anyone to google them. Their music is really good.
Serj on stage was awesome as always. He knows how to handle a crowd and we had much fun singing his song with him or moshing around like idiots. He played all of his songs, again the cool Girl cover and a song what he mixed with one of his songs. But I don't know what songs it where. Nevertheless it sounded pretty cool.
At this occasion I saw again how different certain fans are. Also we moshed around we all wwere able to stop and help others who fell down, we even made a circle two times just to wait for people to close their shoes xD.
Serj and his guys played all songs except of Empty Walls. So we started to yell for more the moment they left and a few seconds later Serj was back on stage smiling into the crowd "Well, well, well" and paused. He seemed to await that we do something and we waited for him to say something, so we all stood there a few seconds staring puzzled at each other. So Serj went on that he only has one album and that's only one song left. So they played Empty Walls for us.
Seeing Serj live is always fun. The more often he plays his songs the more often he starts explaining them to you by gestures, by puzzles he says or by simply and plain explaining them in his Serjy way to do it. You can see that he is happy to play that songs for all of us. It's something magic. Something I can't really explain, but on his concerts I have a feeling I never had before on any other concerts or festivals. Not only that I feel it towards him, but towards all people around me. Like we're a huge collective or so. o.O strange....

After the show we strolled outside and back to the stage entrance. But now there were a lot of other people waiting like us for Serj. I spent the time waiting by chatting with the singer from InMe and the FCC guys. I just didn't know anything about them and was so interested in them. I took a photo of everyone of them because it's kinda hard to get decent ones of them in the internet. They all were really suprised that someone wanted to take a photo of them and Mario was really shy. He wanted to have a photo of him and me, but not alone. I got him to make two, one of him and one of us two^^
After a while we got tired of waiting and wanted to leave. So we left a note for Serj and went into the direction of the train station. We had reached what we wanted and saw no sense in waiting for Serj again.

Until now I never got any message what Serj thought about his presents. But if I find a pic of him wearing that shirt I'll show it to you, promised! xD
Maybe Erwin forgot to give him the note, who knows.

You can find all the pictures I took (or Arva took) on my myspace. (myspace.com/mrkillerguitar)

Photos:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X0OOYCC6

Videos:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=04A81K0F
Back to top Go down
http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
Ilcsy
Beginner
Ilcsy

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Hamburg, 25th august 2008   Hamburg, 25th august 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:08 am

Thank you Silke!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hamburg, 25th august 2008   Hamburg, 25th august 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:07 am

^ Are you Brigi?
Back to top Go down
DarkStar78
Serj Thief
DarkStar78

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Hamburg, 25th august 2008   Hamburg, 25th august 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:44 pm

^^ nope, she is not Wink

Its always nice to read through the review again. It was a great day Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hamburg, 25th august 2008   Hamburg, 25th august 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Oh yeah, it was.

And the very picture with Serj goes around the world like no good. I shew it to friends who sent it to other friends of them because they find it so funny.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar78
Serj Thief
DarkStar78

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Hamburg, 25th august 2008   Hamburg, 25th august 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Our pic with Serj kicks ass Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hamburg, 25th august 2008   Hamburg, 25th august 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hamburg, 25th august 2008
Page 1 of 1